[MPlayer-users] mencoder and tv

cyrax at b0rken.dk cyrax at b0rken.dk
Sun Feb 1 14:15:20 CET 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 02:07:16PM +0100, Matic wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have tried to use MEncoder 1.0pre3-3.2.3 to record tv from my tv card,
> but i don't succeed to record audio stream.
> I have tried whit a lot of combination of audio codec (copy, pcm,
> mp3lame, lavc) but i always get in a range of time that goes from 3-4
> seconds to 90-120 seconds the message:
> not enough audio samples!
> followed by a million of "error reading audio: File descriptor in bad
> state" in few seconds
> using "noaudio" as -tv parameter is the only way to make mencoder to
> work, but the resultant output is without audio of course.

My audio card is a soundblaster Live!, so it may differ from yours (what
card do you use?). You have to set the line to record (default here is
mic). You turn up the record volume with IGain. I haven't gotten the
error you refer to, though...

--
// Mark Gjøl
Is it better to abide by the rules until they're changed or help speed the change by breaking them?