[MPlayer-users] problem ripping big DVDs

Rohit rohits at mahindrabt.com
Mon Feb 2 09:36:43 CET 2004

Hi,

I am fairly new to the list. Newbie you could say, especially to the
world of ripping/encoding, however, have used mplayer for a while for
playing.

Using SuSE Linux / ext3+reiser combination on my disk for filesystems. I
have a few DVDs which are big in resolution. 1024x576 or so when they
are played with correct aspect ration. No matter what bitrate I use, I
always get big squares whenever action speeds up a bit. If I try to use
mencoder -ovc copy then I can not scale them :-(

How can I try and make acceptable divx/lavc rips from my DVDs? I have
seen other people's work and they scale nicely when they are played,
however, they are never 1024x576 sized DVD rips. They are max 640 horiz
or 530 vert.

Thanks and regards,
Rohit

--
SDE, MBT, 52 Barrack SQ, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
1473 667138 rohit.sharma at iitbombay.org rohitibsharma at yahoo.com

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com