[MPlayer-users] Gmplayer 0.92, Fedora core 1, athlon 700 and wmv3 file.

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Fri Feb 6 03:34:04 CET 2004

I have RTFM and FAQ and have thus far been unable to get gmplayer to
work with Fedora core 1 on an Athlon 700 family 6 stepping 1 model 2
cpuid level 1 processor, with a Matrox G200 that has 8 mb of memory. The
motherboard is a biostar M7MKA with 256 mb of memory. Kernel
2.4.22-1.2149  Mplayer 0.92 source.

Gmplayer stops, hangs, goes out to lunch, etc after it displays SKIN dir
2 '/usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin' message. A control C displays 'Mplayer
interrupted by signal 2 in module" unknown' message

Mplayer will play the file as long as I force it to use the proper codec
for a wmv3 file. If I don't force it to use that codec, it seg faults.

Building from source, I've tried several config options. The last one I
tried was ./configure --disable-sse --disable-sse2 --enable-gui
--enable-mga

I have compiled the mga driver and loaded the module.

Is this an Athlon problem or what?

Any ideas as to why this doesn't work.

BTW, xine won't play the file either.