[MPlayer-users] MPlayer can't play Matroska files

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Feb 8 14:19:16 CET 2004

Hi,

You seem to be using different mplayer versions depending on which user
account you're logged in with. Check for older mplayer versions in the
usual places (/usr/bin, /usr/local/bin etc).

> Playing End of Evangelion - Part I [ZX].mkv.
> [file] File size is 733669429 bytes
> STREAM: [file] End of Evangelion - Part I [ZX].mkv
> STREAM: Description: File
> STREAM: Author: Albeu
> STREAM: Comment: based on the code from ??? (probably Arpi)

If this particular mplayer binary contained Matroska support it'd spit
out lines like...

[mkv] Found the head...
[mkv] + a segment...

and a lot more, but your log does not show any.

Mosu