[MPlayer-users] video delayed when encoding TV

Jiri Hofman jirihofman at centrum.cz
Sun Feb 8 21:00:04 CET 2004

Hi,
whenever I try to grab and encode a tv stream by mencoder, I get a delayed video after some time of recording. It is ususally about few second after an hour. (I firstly hear sound and then I see the action.)

The used command is:

mencoder tv://E11 -tv driver=v4l:width=768:height=576:amode=0:forcechan=2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900 -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=3:cbr:br=64 -vop pp=lb,crop=720:544:24:16 -endpos 3600 -o output.avi

I have AthlonXP 1700+. The CPU load during encoding is about 50 per cent.

Moreover, I feel, that I can't compensate this delay using "+" and "-" keys during playing of recorded video in mplayer.

Do I do anything wrong? Does anybody have the same problem? Do you need more info to understand the problem? What?

I have no problem with video/audio delay in any other case.

Thanks,
Jiri

--------------------Konečně tě vidím barevně. Samsung X100 od 1977,- Kč.
http://user.centrum.cz/redir.php?url=http://www.oskarmobil.cz/handsets/hs_view1.php3?nob=1&lang=cz&hs_id=78&ii=1