[MPlayer-users] Seek and subtitle issues with OGM files

Ciprian Popovici ciprian at zuavra.net
Sun Feb 8 22:48:11 CET 2004

Both issues have to do with OGM files.

Subtitle issues: for OGM's with included text stream, when I try to play them
using the internal subtitle and mplayer is compiled with freetype, I get no
subtitles. If I use an external subtitle via '-sub' then I get subtitles and I
can control them via '-font' and '-subfont' options. If neither fontconfig nor
freetype have been included then both internal and external subs work fine
with mplayer's fonts. I have attached logs for 4 freetype cases (with ext/int
subs, with/without '-font'). Note that the logs state that mplayer claims it
cannot load the .ttf file, however the font does change as per .ttf file
loaded.

When fontconfig is compiled, '-font' was supposed to take fc-list font names;
but if I try "-font 'Arial Black'" it tries to open the 'Arial Black' file.
The behaviour otherwise is the same as with freetype. I've also attached 4
fontconfig cases (with ext/int subs, with/without -font 'Arial Black').

Seek issues: all OGM files have places where you cannot seek backwards. It
stops at a certain place and it won't go back, as if it was the start of the
file. Some OGM files have multiple places like this, some only have one or
two. Between those places you can seek backwards fine. Seeking forward works
all the time.

I don't currently have any other types of files with internal subs (like
Matroska) to test them, so I can only speak about OGM. I will try to get a
hold of or produce a Matroska file myself if it helps.

I haven't tryed the CVS version because I can't get it to compile with my
usual configure setup. I used 1.0rc3 instead.

Additional information:

./configure:
I've attached it.

OS:
  Former Red Hat 7.1, upgraded by RPM to RawHide level. I also compile many
  things from source.

Kernel:
  Linux xxx 2.4.20 #2 Mi apr 16 19:58:36 EEST 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

~> ls -l /lib/libc[.-]*
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1474764 Apr 26 2003 /lib/libc-2.3.2.so
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      13 May  5 2003 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.2.so

~> gcc -v
Reading specs from /opt/gcc-3.3/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-3.3 --disable-nls
--with-libiconv-prefix=/opt/libiconv --enable-__cxa_atexit
--enable-threads=posix --enable-shared
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3

~> ld -v
GNU ld version 2.13.90.0.20 20030319

~> as --version
GNU assembler 2.13.90.0.20 20030319
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `i386-redhat-linux'.

~> cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1200.039
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 2392.06

Video:
  GeForce2 MX, Leadtek Winfast, 32 MB
  (II) NVIDIA XFree86 Driver  1.0-5336  Wed Jan 14 18:30:46 PST 2004

Audio:
  Genius SoundMaker 5.1, chipset Fortemedia, Inc Xwave QS3000A [FM801]
  Drivers: both OSS and Alsa 0.9.x work

--
Ciprian Popovici