[MPlayer-users] Can you create Quicktime movies...

Paul Simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Wed Feb 18 19:44:28 CET 2004

...that can be read on both PC's and Macs?

Hi, I'm just about to pull my hair out.  I've read all the FAQ's and
RFE's and Googled and still feel none the wiser.  Help!  I now suspect not.

Going back a step:  I'm trying to figure out what how I can create a
movie file that:
- is high quality (to show work in progress of animation and special fx)
- can be viewed on default Mac's and PC's

Ideally, I'd love to be able to create a Soresson v3 quicktime file.  I
know I can view these on my linux box - but can I make them?

Failing that - what would you guru's out there recommend I use as a
default file format?  mpeg2,mpeg4?  Remember - this is for my very
non-techy clients - and their clients.  Asking them to download and
install divx will result in them formatting their machines and me
getting the sack.

I've managed to create mpegs that I can run locally.   They just can't
seem to load up on my windoze box.

Any ideas out there?

Many thx in advance,

Paul