[MPlayer-users] Re: [Dvdauthor-users] Video Artifacts Transcoding MythTV .nuv files to DVD

Scott T. Smith scott at gelatinous.com
Tue Feb 24 09:26:15 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 00:05, Mike Smith wrote:
> Has anyone seen anything similiar to this?  Is it
> possible that my computer is overheating and screws up
> the calculations?  Could one of my computers have
> a hardware problem that is manifesting itself this
> way?  Is it my DVD burner?

for a given video, is the problem always in the same place?  i.e. if for
a given TV show, does it start at 27 minutes on the clock no matter what
you do for the first 26 minutes?  if you stick the disc in and
immediately fast forward to 26 minutes into the show, will it show up a
minute later?

does mplex complain about buffer underruns?  (are you sure it is using
the correct vbr buffer size?)

try running ogle instead of mplayer on the resulting burned DVD to try
to mimic the problem.

	Scott