[MPlayer-users] how to stream .NSV video files (WinAmp-Nullsoft ones)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 23:43:54 CET 2004

Roberto Togni wrote:

> On 2004.02.26 05:32, gnx wrote:

>> But now I've got something that can't be viewed. This is taken from
>> a WinAmp Video streaming list.

> It's not a codec problem. NSV usually transports vp3 video and mp3
> audio. MPlayer is not able to demux the NSV file.
> NSV support was added to MPlayer G2, put never backported to MPlayer
> G1. G2 is still in early developement phase.

Attempting to play that URL (http://205.188.234.33:8034/) with the
current test-play version of MPlayer-G2 results in a cascade of
try-and-fail with various demuxers, including one labeled [nsv]. It
eventually identifies it as "[mpeg] MPEG TS/PS/PES/ES Audio and/or
Video", but doesn't play anything.

For me, trying to play that URL in MPlayer itself (yesterday's CVS)
results in a crash. This is the second crash I've noticed in the past
few days; I suppose I should assemble bug reports...

--
       The Wanderer