[MPlayer-users] esd consumes 20-50% of my cpu cycles. help!

Farrell Farahbod upgrdman at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 28 20:59:34 CET 2004

sorry to but in, as i didnt start this thread, but im curious...

i think i use esd... and although i dont notice much of a cpu problem
with it (on my amd 2800), i have always notice at least a little sound
lag...not much, but after a movie play for a while, i often have to use
the +/- heys one each, to *reset* the latency to 0...and then im fine.

so if my above problem sounds like its esd-related, or even if it isnt,
how how i give mplayer/gmplayer "direct sounds access"? im on linux,
with oss (i think. but im playing to change to alsa soon.)