[MPlayer-users] Mplayer can't see DVD ???

fmml at cedval.org fmml at cedval.org
Fri Jan 2 17:51:07 CET 2004

Hi,

Happy new year to all!

I have just installed Mplayer 1.0pre3 in tar format. It is installed on a
Laptop running Suse 9 professionnal.  Compiled it, fixed little problems
such fonts and setuid for gmplayer. When I launch gmplayer, everything
seems fine but it displays "No media opened" eventhough there is a DVD in
the drive.

I see the following error in system log:

whoami5 kernel: sr0: CDROM (ioctl) reports ILLEGAL REQUEST.

My DVD is: Samsung CDRW/DVD SN-324F

Don't know if that is related to my problem.

Also,I am living in Canada, isn't there any contry specific parms when
compiling or running the program?

Thanks in advance,

Francois