[MPlayer-users] mplayerplug-in QT

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jan 6 06:36:48 CET 2004

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:52:32 +0100
Tony Earnshaw <tonye at billy.demon.nl> wrote:

> I was simply curious, since some BSD people seem to have problems
> with BSD ports - like srpms on Linux, which I try to avoid like the
> pest.

They have problems with the mplayer port, simply because in *BSD, you
install everything from ports (or pkg-src for NetBSD).  You might as
well try to say that some Linux people seem to have problems with
compiling from source.

One good reason everyone uses ports, is that many projects are
linux-centric, and don't work under BSD without numerous patches (the
ports system applies those patches).  Compiling from unmodified
MPlayer sources is not really feasable.