[MPlayer-users] Problem with mplayer fullscreen on OS X

Laurent Koelblen Laurent.Koelblen at math.jussieu.fr
Sun Jan 11 18:19:41 CET 2004

> hello,
> I am using the cvs version of mplayer, on OS X 10.2.8, compiled with
> gcc 3.3, video out SDL-1.2.6.
>
> Whenever I try to play a movie in full screen using SDL as the video
> out, the screen flickers incessantly. However the movie will play find
> in non-fullscreen mode. This is something new and, I am wondering if
> its the because of the SDL version 1.2.6, or the OS X 10.2.8 updates
> of recent. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
>
> -dave

I encountered the same problem on two different computers running OS X
10.2
(previous version of gcc). I switched to OS X 10.3 (gcc 3.3) and the
problem
didn't disappeared.

I could only fix it by downgrading sdl to an old sdl-1.2.5 (which was
compiled
with the previous version of gcc under OS X 10.2)

Does anybody knows how to fix this with sdl-1.2.6 ?

laurent