[MPlayer-users] Mencoder Bug MPlayer-20030901

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Jan 15 09:30:12 CET 2004

John Richard Smith wrote:

> I am having problems with mencoder on about 20  to 40% of the
> encodings.
>
> I fail to get an index scan completed and an index file created. I
> also
> get core dumps which at 20 MB each are too big for me to uplift to a
> website on my dial-up modem connection.
>
> If you want more info I could write an entire output including
> directory
> sources, an film.avi file, together with the core dump to a couple of
> CD's and post them to you if you can supply an address.
>
> Please be aware , I am no programmer, everything I have attatched to
> this email is done out of your own bug report instructions, I don't
> understand much of it.

Looks like a nice bugreport, except that when reporting an mplayer bug
you should _always_ use the latest CVS. In this case, the bug you're
reporting was (I think) fixed about two weeks after the version you're
using. Update your CVS of both mplayer and libavcodec (keep in mind that
ffmpeg CVS is hosted at mplayerhq.hu now). If that doesn't solve the
problem let us know.

-Corey