[MPlayer-users] 3-pass encodes with ogg vorbis?

* afe0108 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 07:53:20 CET 2004

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is doing 3-pass encodes with
ogg vorbis and have the audio in sync?  The first movie I did
was 25 fps and it worked but the few I've tried since then are
29.97 progressive NTSC and the audio is always out of sync by
a noticeable amount.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known (but not widely
discussed) problem?  To pullup the 29.97 I've been using the
"pullup" filter.  Using "ivtc=1" or "filmdint=dint_thres=256"
gives me jerky video for some reason on non-interlaced movies.

I use transcode to extract the audio to pcm, convert that with
oggenc, encode the video with "-oac copy", then replace the
audio with ogmmerge.  Is this correct?  Thanks.