[MPlayer-users] 3-pass encodes with ogg vorbis?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jan 17 20:29:24 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:53:20PM -0800, * wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering if anyone is doing 3-pass encodes with
> ogg vorbis and have the audio in sync?  The first movie I did
> was 25 fps and it worked but the few I've tried since then are
> 29.97 progressive NTSC and the audio is always out of sync by
> a noticeable amount.

It's really 29.97 fps _progressive_? I've never heard of a whole movie
like that...

> Am I doing something wrong or is this a known (but not widely
> discussed) problem?  To pullup the 29.97 I've been using the
> "pullup" filter.  Using "ivtc=1" or "filmdint=dint_thres=256"
> gives me jerky video for some reason on non-interlaced movies.

How can we know if you're doing something wrong if you don't provide
the command lines used? At least tell us what you mean by 3pass, since
the 3pass procedure in mencoder makes absolutely no sense if you're
not using mencoder to encode the audio (and does NOT work with -oac
copy).

Rich