[MPlayer-users] problem seeking in videos

dave giffin givdav01 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 01:39:35 CET 2004

I have a wrapper script that runs mplayer.
When I tell mplayer (via the 'slave protocol') to seek
to a certain time, using "seek [seconds] 2" on certain
AVIs, it doesn't work right.

For example, if I tell mplayer to seek to 2 minutes 0
seconds, it will go to 1 minute 35 seconds.

I know that the error is not with my wrapper script.

what should i try to fix this problem.

I'm using mplayer-1.0pre3 on an athlon-xp with Debian
sarge, XFree86-4.3 and a 2.4.22 linux kernel

:)