[MPlayer-users] cvs again

antoine melser.anton at neuf.fr
Thu Jul 1 13:47:14 CEST 2004

antoine wrote:

> Hi,
> Thought I might try again to compile cvs to have an mplayer that might
> actually work for me...
>
> vd_ffmpeg.c: In function `init':
> vd_ffmpeg.c:160: error: `FF_DEBUG_VIS_MB_TYPE' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> vd_ffmpeg.c:160: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> vd_ffmpeg.c:160: error: for each function it appears in.)
> vd_ffmpeg.c:160: error: `FF_DEBUG_VIS_QP' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> make[1]: *** [vd_ffmpeg.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/antt/mplayer/main/libmpcodecs'
> make: *** [libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a] Error 2
>
> I have no idea what this means - could someone tell me why this has
> been the reason why two attempts at installing from cvs have failed?
> Cheers
> Antoine

Arrggh!
There was obviously a heinous nasty in the latest stable release that
made streaming media choke in a few different ways. The cvs fixed it, or
did until I uninstalled it, installed the stable (to make sure that it
wasn't a gentoo build error as opposed to an mplayer error), and then
reinstalled the cvs - first the same cvs, then the absolute latest (30
mins ago). F^\{!!!
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/highspeed/2004/06/av/20040614ngpfloridachimp.asx
can't be played now, not from a browser, not from the command line. I
get a message about wrong chunk sizes but it was working THIS morning,
ostensibly with the same version!

antt at rux antt $ mplayer
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/highspeed/2004/06/av/20040614ngpfloridachimp.asx
MPlayer dev-CVS-040701-11:21-3.3.3 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 /Athlon MP/XP Palomino 1667 MHz
(Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or
directory
Reading config file /home/antt/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/antt/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/home/antt/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf.
font: can't open file: /home/antt/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Failed to open /dev/rtc: No such file or directory (it should be
readable by the user.)
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/antt/.mplayer/input.conf: No such
file or directory
Can't open input config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/input.conf: No such
file or directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/highspeed/2004/06/av/20040614ngpfloridachimp.asx.
Resolving www.nationalgeographic.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.nationalgeographic.com[207.24.89.170]:80 ...
Resolving www.nationalgeographic.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.nationalgeographic.com[207.24.89.170]:80 ...
size_confirm mismatch!: 22611 15993
Error while parsing chunk header
Trying default streaming for http protocol
 Resolving www.nationalgeographic.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.nationalgeographic.com[207.24.89.170]:80 ...
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Connected to server: www.nationalgeographic.com
Cache fill:  0.06% (181 bytes)

Exiting... (End of file)

I would love to know what is going on here!
Cheers
Antoine