[MPlayer-users] Mplayer

trodas trodas at seznam.cz
Thu Jul 1 20:54:30 CEST 2004

Hello, Arpad

First at all, thanks for the fastest mpeg2 player yet made :)
The support of the TS (transport streams) used on HDTV is a very
nice plus, and matter of fact, the reason I tried this program,
after all.

Altrough there are a lot's of options (perhaps too much) and the
speed is not yet beated one, I got also couple of problems, like
wrongly (no aspect lock?) downscaled image from mpeg2 stream
to 1024x768 resolution. The stream is 1900x1080i pixels big and
as you can also see on the attached file, it cause your proggy
complaining about too big size (?!?! absolutely standard HDTV ?!?!)
of the stream.
And I would also like to hear the 5.1 audio better, best trough
the AC3 filter, however I did not dig enought deep to find if
there is any settings or such...

Do you think you can maintain the speed when compiling just a mpeg2
decoder DX filter? Like FFD show, witch have ATM useless mpeg decoding
and the autor is affraid about touching it deeply... :(
...but FFD show can be used with genial BSplayer and then... :)))

Just a tought how to play the mpeg2 stream at it's best... :)

BTW, could be possible to specify more nicer downscaling for the
YUV output...? Like telling the DirectX output to use trilinear
anistropic filtering instead of bilinear, when come to textures
in 3D applications?

*---*
Pavel N. trodas at seznam.cz  http://trodas.wz.cz
ICQ 144990310 (ignoring everyone not into my list)

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire