[MPlayer-users] Mplayer

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu Jul 1 21:21:44 CEST 2004

> And I would also like to hear the 5.1 audio better, best trough
> the AC3 filter, however I did not dig enought deep to find if
> there is any settings or such...

First of all you are on windows, right?
Ac3 passthrough on windows should become possible with the upcoming release.

> Do you think you can maintain the speed when compiling just a mpeg2
> decoder DX filter? Like FFD show, witch have ATM useless mpeg decoding
> and the autor is affraid about touching it deeply... :(
> ...but FFD show can be used with genial BSplayer and then... :)))
>
> Just a tought how to play the mpeg2 stream at it's best... :)

can you please try playing your stream with -demuxer 35 ?
You could also try  -vfm ffmpeg

> BTW, could be possible to specify more nicer downscaling for the
> YUV output...? Like telling the DirectX output to use trilinear
> anistropic filtering instead of bilinear, when come to textures
> in 3D applications?

I don't know  if this is possible with hardware scalling as
we do not have any control with directdraw what scaling
algorithm the hardware is using.

Sascha