[MPlayer-users] G450, framebuffer, tv out and fbset

Petri Rehtonen rehtonen at luukku.com
Thu Jul 1 22:30:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm in the middle of setting up mythtv box. I have
the setup with vanilla kernel 2.4.26 working to the extent
that tv out works through directfb (tested with mplayer -vo dfbmga).

However, when I try to use the mythtv with Qt embedded I can't
get the right configuration for the framebuffer. None of the modelines
from the web seem to work. By just trying different parameters with
fbset I get a picture where I can recognise the mythtv startup screen
but the picture is black and white and moving continuously.

I have had G200 working with framebuffers only (even X over it) but
I just don't seem to get this G450 to work with me.

Do you have any ideas? Is G450 somewhat harder to get right? How does the directfb configure the tvout as the picture is then really good. I
have tried capturing the fb mode when the directfb is driving it but the
mode does not work any better.

--
Petri Rehtonen

 MTV3 Laajakaista - Hauskemman elämän puolesta.
 http://www.mtv3.fi/liittyma/hankinta/laajakaista/