[MPlayer-users] 2 audio streams [-af export??]

Mick email_mick_groups at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 6 15:55:58 CEST 2004

OK, I was all ready to give up when I found the "export" audio filter..

Only, mplayer does not seem to be able to play it.  my guess is this is some
kind of fifo??

What I'm *hoping* to do, is that have a daemon style mplayer just playing
from /tmp/export constantly, even when there's nothing to play..

Then, when I play play audio etc it gets picked up the the background
player, and that is then piped out to other sound card..  Does this sound to
rediculous??

It fails dismally..  When I try to play, I get this:
Playing /tmp/mplayer-af_export.
Cache fill:  0.05% (4112 bytes)

Exiting... (End of file)

Which is about right, the "file" itself is about that big.. (4.1k).

Does anyone know how to use the export plugin correctly?  The docs tell you
how to export, but I can't find anything about importing that data (into
anything..)

Mick