[MPlayer-users] OSD menu - status?

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Tue Jul 13 17:10:32 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 15:41 +0200, Sebastian Kaps wrote:
> Is there any development going on in this sector (the current cvs
> version of mplayer still contains a menu.conf file that says "mplayer
> 0.90")? Or are there any other menu.conf files available that have more
> functionality?

I don't know much about MPlayer's OSD menu, but I've been working on
video filter called bmovl2 that provides alpha compositing.  I'll soon
be providing a demo that lets you control mplayer with an on-screen file
selection UI, custom OSD, etc.

You can read a bit about bmovl2 at http://sault.org/mebox/.  I'd like to
some day see it get merged into cvs, but its goals are lofty and it
touches areas (such as the pause and timing loops) that the MPlayer
hackers might not like too much. :)

Cheers,
Jason.