[MPlayer-users] Upgrading MPlayer

Rick rsbuchan1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 11:06:40 CEST 2004

Hi List,

I know this is a basic question but I didn't find the answer in the
documentation.  I have mplayer installed and working properly on my
system but would like to know how to perform an upgrade.  I have the
latest CVS file already downloaded but in order to upgrade to this
new version do I have to uninstall all traces of the old player
first.  This needs to be done for certain programs, Mozilla's web
browser for one, or do I just 1. delete the contents of the mplayer
directory 2. untar the CVS file and add it to the mplayer directory
3. then ./configure, make, make install.  Does this procedure
sucessfully overwrite all of the associated files or is there some
other way to do this.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick