[MPlayer-users] Re: stupid dvd question.

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Fri Jul 16 01:37:09 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:16:25PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

> >It'll play the first... but it would be nice if it played the
> >longest. Thats a good idea for playing movies... I had one dvd where
> >the movie was track 28! I had to play 27 stupid trailers and
> >making-of documentaries before I got to watch the actual movie!
>
> That *isn't* necessarily a good idea, actually. What about multi-episode
> DVDs of TV series, for example - or movies which are actually separated

Well, you have to select your episode (track) now, and you would have to
then, nothing lost.

> properly into jump-to-able chapters? The longest track is *not*
> necessarily the one which the user is most likely to want to watch, and

Well, on all DVDs i have seen until now, the film was the longest track
of all.

> in point of fact unless multiple chapters are in fact not used at all I
> don't think I can think of a time when it *would* be...

Chapters are further divisions of tracks...

> (Unless I'm suddenly all wonky, and "chapter" and "track" in a DVD sense
> have different meanings. But...)

of course they have. It seems you have been smoking something bad 8*)
--
Stefan Seyfried