[MPlayer-users] Bitrate confusion

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Jul 17 00:00:07 CEST 2004

On Friday, 16 July 2004 at 21:11, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> From: Martin Collins <martin at mkcollins.org>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Bitrate confusion
> Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:03:16 +0100
>
> > On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:42:06 +0200
> > "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
> > > On Friday, 16 July 2004 at 16:36, Martin Collins wrote:
[...]
> > > Not if you use scale, too, for example:
> > > crop=700:576:12:0,scale=704:576
> >
> > He's not, but fair point in general.
> > I also notice he's separating his OPTS with : instead of , which may
> > have an undesired effect if it's not throwing an error.
>
>   I was the output of "-cropdetect", which cut'n'pasted here.
>
>   If mencoder will not understand, what mencoder is talking to
>   itsself, then.... ;)

Oh, it does "understand", but who said encoding video is as easy as
cut'n'paste? You have to know how to do it well and part of that knowledge
is that movie dimensions must be divisible by 16.

>   Another question: On what "things" depend whether there is an
>   div2pass2log-file is written or not, if working with 2/3-pass
>   encoding?

Yes. It's only used to collect pass1 scene complexity and motion
statistics.

>   And: Is there any list, what options are mutual exclusive? I am not
>   sure for every combination...

Not that I know of. But some options have to go with one another and it's
described in mplayer(1).

Regards,
R.

--