[MPlayer-users] Re: Cropdetector

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Wed Jul 21 18:00:38 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:15:42 +0200 (CEST)
Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer at gmx.de> wrote:

>  When using -cropdetect with mplayer, mplayer will spit out a
>  thousands of partly different lines.
>
>  What do you think is a good (and in a script programmable)
>  algorithm to extract a good choice of boundaries? These values
>  should be the base of a "sweet-sixteen"-filter, which alined the
>  boundaries.

I don't think this is a good candidate for automation, I use
-vf rectangle and my eyes. However, if you really want to do it the
safest way is probably to find the minimum dimensions given by
-croptdetect and round them down to be divisible by 16. Add half the
difference to the offset. You will probably end up cropping more than
necessary.

Martin