[MPlayer-users] bad audio after 5 minutes with .rm stream

alpha0x89 at yahoo.de alpha0x89 at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 24 15:42:05 CEST 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 11:11, Antonio wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I've noticed a problem listening the following stream:
>
>    mplayer rtsp://live.media.rai.it/broadcast/radiotre.rm
>
> after a while (variable time that goes from 3 to 10 minutes) the audio
> begins to sound bad (and becomes worst with the passing time), seems
> like a lot of little fragments putted together in a casual order.
>
> With realplay I had experienced some gap (silence) with the same audio
> stream but never this king of problem.

I havn't checked your URL, but it seems to be a problem I had. Over a bad
connection some packets get lost. MPlayer ignores this and plays the messed
audio stream. RealPlayer recognizes when packets are missing and plays
silence instead. It shouldn't be difficult to implement this behaviour also
in Mplayer. (For me I hacked a little programm that reads the stream dump and
writes it MPlayable to stdout.)