[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 78

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Mon Jul 26 05:05:49 CEST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:03:22 +0200 (CEST),
<mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:46:19 +0000
> From: antoine <melser.anton at neuf.fr>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Does one need to install mplayer inspite
> of'gmplayer' ?
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, features,bugreports"
> mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>

> Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

>> Hello everybody,
>>  I have a working copy of 'gmplayer ' i.e., GUI. I can 'man' for
>> mplayer and mencoder to list options. But I cannot issue these commands
>> as they are not available in the system. How do I obtain them? Is it
>> necessary to install them separate from mplayer-common ?
>>  Parameshwara Bhat.

> Sounds like a PATH problem?
> Post the results of
> $ which mplayer
> and
> echo $PATH

> Cheeers
> Antoine
Here is the output of commands. Also what is installed on the system.

[pbhat at localhost pbhat]$ which mplayer
/usr/bin/which: no mplayer in
(/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/u
sr/X11R6/bin:/home/pbhat/bin)
pbhat at localhost pbhat]$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/pbhat/bin
[pbhat at localhost pbhat]$ rpm -qa|grep mplayer
mplayer-common-1.0pre4-3
mplayer-skin-default-1.0-2
mplayer-codecs-extralite-2.0-2
mplayer-skins-1.3-3.fr