[MPlayer-users] Good movie from sequence of file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 20:32:36 CEST 2004

CrimeDog wrote:

> W liście z pon, 26-07-2004, godz. 00:12, Matteo Gugliemi pisze:
>
>> rcooley wrote:

>>> Same as any other codec...  Set the bitrate.
>>
>> I tried in this way on a windows pc:
>>
>> mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg:w=800:h=600:fps=25\
>> -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1800 -oac copy -o output.avi
>>
>> but doesn't work... it get stuked!
>>
>> I'm a new user of mplayer... so that input line is correct?
>
> Movie is encoding or even mencider doesn't start to encode?
> You set:
> -oac copy
> but jpg doesn't contain audio. Use -nosound without -oac copy.

That was my first thought, as well. When I tested it myself (with a
random collection of JPEGs), MEncoder completed its encoding run with a
segfault, but the resulting AVI - which contained no audio - worked just
fine in MPlayer. The reason I didn't comment on it is that I don't have
his desired player, which is WMP 9 (mentioned in a second version of the
initial post), and so can't say whether or not my resulting AVI will
play correctly in his situation.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.