[MPlayer-users] un-eliminable video-audio delay in avi file

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 27 23:51:58 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:40:00 +0200
Antonio <debian at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> also after few second the audio begins to anticipate the video again.
>
>   I've tried also with xine but it doesn't play any audio. Is there
>   any thing I can do to correct the file and make it to play correctly
>   with mplayer?

Well, to prevent audio from syncing itself (incorrectly) to the video,
you could use"-mc 0" on the command-line.

As for fixing it permanently, there's a couple possibilities.

The mencoder option "-audio-delay" will work if it's just offset by a
certain ammount at the beginning...  If it slowly drifts further
out of sync, you'll need to set "-fps" to a slightly higher/lower value
to correct for it.  In addition to either of those two, you'll probably
also want to specify "-mc 0" on the mencoder command-line.