[MPlayer-users] un-eliminable video-audio delay in avi file

Antonio debian at fastwebnet.it
Wed Jul 28 11:06:50 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:51:58 -0700
rcooley <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:40:00 +0200
> The mencoder option "-audio-delay" will work if it's just offset by a
> certain ammount at the beginning...  If it slowly drifts further
> out of sync, you'll need to set "-fps" to a slightly higher/lower
> value to correct for it.  In addition to either of those two, you'll
> probably also want to specify "-mc 0" on the mencoder command-line.

Thanks for the tip. Now at least I can see the film using "-mc 0" and
anticipating the video by 11.5 seconds (-11,5). But if I go forward or
backward in the video file I lose the synchronism again. Anyway, now I
can see the video without brain damage ;-).

Thanks to Jean-Oliver too, for the informations, but I haven't the time
to re-encode the video right now.

Ciao,
- Antonio

--
  This is not about Napster or DVDs. It's about your Freedom.
  http://www.anti-dmca.org