[MPlayer-users] "uncrop" for VCD

H du Plooy hdp at webmail.co.za
Wed Jul 28 13:55:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

I ran into the following problem.  I have a couple of 16:9 format  AVIs that I
want to make VCDs of.  I found the relevant parameters for this on this list.
I get a mpeg output file in 4:3 format, but the people in the movies have
egg-head syndrom...   If I remove the bit that scales it to 4:3 (can't
remember the specifics, it's at home), and leave it to 16:9, the DVD player
won't play it.

So my question, is there a way to add the black bands at the bottom and top?
I'd rather have the black bands in a 4:3 format mpeg file than loose some of
the content.

Thank you
Hans