[MPlayer-users] Okay, I am lost here....

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Jul 31 03:38:35 CEST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:36:50 -0500
Andrew Konosky <TerranAce007 at comcast.net> wrote:

> When I use this encoder the video quality isn't very good.

You could always increase the video bitrate.

> There are pops in the sound

Hmm, audio has to be resampled to 44100 for VCD/SVCD, so you could be
experiencing the "srate" problem some people have reported with
MPlayer/Mencoder.  There should be information and patches in the
mailing-list archive.

> and the video 'jumps' a looks choppy when it is played....

That probably means you have either 23.976 or 29.97 FPS video.  That
script is hard-coded for 25 FPS.  Just open the divx2svcd file in any
text editor, search for "ofps" and change the "25" after it to either
"23.976023976" or "29.97002997".

If that doesn't work, you may have hard-telecined, or interlaced
material, and will need to add something like "ivtc,pp=lb," after "-vf"
in that script.