[MPlayer-users] 2 simple questions

Kimmo Mustonen kmustone at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jun 3 12:10:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:

> - is there a way (keyboard control?) to switch the aspect ratio between
> 4:3 and 16:9 at runtime without restarting the playback?

I second that feature. I tried to map -aspect 4:3 and -aspect 16:9 to
remote control using LIRC but couldn't find a way to do that. Preferably
using one keypad, please, so maybe a rotating list of configured aspect
ratios as a parameter like

   config = aspect "4:3 16:9"

might be nice if someone wants different aspect ratios as well.

BTW, if the playlist contains several entries it might be nice to have a
way to display the name of the current entry on OSD somehow... like toggle
display on/off like 'o' does for times or to show it for a few seconds
after pressing 'info' button or something...?

> - when playing a 16:9 movie, is there a way to display the subtitles in
> the bottom black stripe instead of the bottom of the picture?

I second that one too. :)

Regards,
Kimmo