[MPlayer-users] qscale, 2-pass, and PSNR

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Fri Jun 4 05:53:09 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 02:08 +0100, Martin Collins wrote:
> The quantizer is the second field in the PSNR log?

Yes.  I'm not quite sure how accurate it is, now that I think about it.
All of the quantizers listed in that file seem to be even integers.  I
guess I expected this value to be the average of all the macroblock
quantizers.

> I used to use countquant.pl to measure this but that gets the quantizers
> from divx2pass.log and the figures in there have been nonsense for some
> time.

I think you need to divide these values by FF_QP2LAMBDA (118) to get the
quantizer.

But then, aren't these values just for the first pass anyway?

Cheers,
Jason.