[MPlayer-users] deinterlace+horiz scale

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 6 13:35:31 CEST 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:21:04 +0200
matthias-wieser at t-online.de (Matthias Wieser) wrote:

> With deinterlacers, I don't use pp=lb because it's the only one that
> produce terrible-looking output at high-motion scenes.

They all produce pretty low quality during high-motion scenes.  If you
think it's "terrible-looking", I wonder if you're perhaps watching
telecined materials, without using -vf ivtc...

> What about kerndeint? Output looks like pp=md without jagged edges.

Haven't tried that one yet...  Rather new feature, and I haven't yet
caught-up to it.  Horror of horrors, I'm still using 1.0pre3...

> Anyone willing to change pp=md to use linear (or cubic) interpolation
> when it deinterlaces?

How about pp=li/pp=ci ?