[MPlayer-users] RFC: docs update for "how to create a high quality DVD rip"

H du Plooy hdp at webmail.co.za
Tue Jun 8 09:15:42 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 06:25, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> OF-FUCKING-COURSE IT DOES!!! WHAT PART OF BITS PER SECOND DO YOU NOT
> UNDERSTAND?!?! THERE IS NO UNIT OF "PIXELS" IN BITS PER SECOND!!
I stand corrected.

> Sorry for yelling but I am tired of listening to people who are
> completely clueless and incompetent denying basic mathematical fact.
What the specifications for bitrate in an mpeg stream is, has absolutely
nothing to do with mathematics.  Stop insulting me.

> If you don't understand it, that's fine, but don't make assertions
> that are blatently false.
Which is why I used terms like "think" and "my take" - I even hinted at the
possibility that I might have it wrong.

> Now go sit in the corner.
No, you go.  You're rude, needlessly so.  You scare away people who might
otherwise become useful members of this list.

Hans