[MPlayer-users] Re: RFC: docs update for "how to create a high quality DVD rip"

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Wed Jun 9 20:45:34 CEST 2004

Wayde Milas wrote:

> You are mixing 2 concepts here. $10 speakers cnnot reproduce the gamut
> of signal responses. You simply wont hear certain signals no matter what
> the psychoahcoustic model produces.

Not really.  Because parts can't be heard our brain will not mask away
the other parts, which the psy-modell predicted to be masked away and spent
less bits on.  So, in essence it is possible that you hear parts in
because other parts.

Good example:  Put 128KBit mp3 through a karaoke voice removal tool and
you'll hear _lots_ of mp3 artifacts you were unable to hear seconds
before.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
  -- Rich Kulawiec