[MPlayer-users] Why I can't config Audio drivers (alsa1x & esd) in "Preferences"

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 17 06:30:24 CEST 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:35:34 -0400 (EDT)
JLB <jlb at twu.net> wrote:

> Why does NO ONE get it right? (Usually, people spell it "athalon",

Because the athAlon brand has been around for decades before AMD made a
CPU line that is spelled almost the same.

The name is also in conflict with the typical rules of the English
language, so people have a problem with it.  Same thing goes for names
with 3 or more syllables  ("Excuse me Dr. Ruebydahneel"), and words
adopted from different languages, where things like 'ph' aren't an 'f'
sound, and where some letters are accented or silent.