[MPlayer-users] Why I can't config Audio drivers (alsa1x & esd) in "Preferences"

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 06:59:18 CEST 2004

rcooley wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:35:34 -0400 (EDT) JLB <jlb at twu.net> wrote:
>
>> Why does NO ONE get it right? (Usually, people spell it "athalon",
>
> Because the athAlon brand has been around for decades before AMD made
> a CPU line that is spelled almost the same.

Is that so? I've never heard of it. What is it? Computer hardware?
Clothing? Deodorant?

> The name is also in conflict with the typical rules of the English
> language, so people have a problem with it.

...Bweh? How is it in conflict? To the extent to which English *has* any
"typical rules", it seems perfectly well in line to me.

("Athlon", that is. "Athalon" seems a little bit off, but no more so
than the common misspelling "athelete".)

(Now that I think about it, is this even vaguely on topic?)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.