[MPlayer-users] fullscreen features without the resize

Paul Maguire paul at gbs.com
Fri Jun 18 15:05:37 CEST 2004

Is it possible to play a movie with no window decorations and without
resizing the movie and control the placement on the screen?

This:
mplayer myMovie.mov  -screenw 640 -screenh 480 -fs
will show the movie without decoration and without resizing it.  myMovie
is 640x480

However, this:
mplayer myMovie.mov  -screenw 640 -screenh 480 -fs -geometry 480:320
doesn't change the location to the center of my monitor (BTW: my
resolution is 1600x1200).

This:
mplayer myMovie.mov -geometry 480:320
does center the movie; however, it also shows the decorations (title,
bordres, etc).

A work around I have discovered, is if I control the decorations via the
window manager; however, I was wondering if it is possible via an
mplayer command line switch.

Thanks.