[MPlayer-users] Re: Fixing avi index with mencoder: error in the docs?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Sun Jun 27 23:38:30 CEST 2004

irisson jean-olivier wrote:

> And encountered a problem:
> ODML: Starting new RIFF chunk at 1023MiB.3min 1393mb  A-V:0,000 [1566:153]
> I think it was because I was encoding a long movie directly from the DVD
> and that my DVD player heated too much (I happens sometimes as I'm
> working on a laptop). Anyway that's not the point.

This is not a problem, it is just an info message.
If you don't want to generate OpenDML avis, then you can disable it with
-noodml (CVS version).

> 2/ Because of this encoding problem there is a time in the movie where I
> cannot browse anymore. Using the arrows on the keyboard keeps taking me
> to back the same image, the one where the problem happened I guess.
> Playing this avi after rebuilding the index:

That is actually a known bug with OpenDML avis and MPlayer-pre4.
It affects avis between 1GB and 2GB in size.
The bug is fixed in current CVS.

> but none of them worked: playing my_movie_2.avi still produces the same
> problem.

Of course, since it will generate an OpenDML index again, and the bug
will trigger on the new avi too.

So your Solution is to upgrade to current CVS.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits.