[MPlayer-users] 3 tv-tuner cards in one computer (burglar camera system)

Sun Jun 27 20:29:52 CEST 2004

I know this might be not the best place to ask, but anyway: is it
possible to plug in 3 pci tv tuner cards, capture video from them,
encode and store it in realtime? I see no problems with encoding &
storing, but I wonder if capturing process takes a lot of system
resources. Something like half-resolution, 3 fps will do.

Do I need cards with hardware mjpeg compression? Or any cheap avermedia
card on bt8?? chip will do?

--

Vladimir