[MPlayer-users] Re: building mplayer 1.0pre3

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Thu Mar 4 00:26:22 CET 2004

Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> a) is --enable-largefile save ?
>    should I use it or better leave it out, until it's really needed ?

AFAICS it is enabled by default now.
It works fine for me (except that opendml support is still
missing/pending).

> c) configure --help says there are several features autodetected.
>    does --disable-foo work on them (i.e. termcap) ?

Sure.

> d) is the alsa output stable yet
>    (there were some problems mentioned on mplayer-dev-eng)

It doesn't hurt to enable it, it only adds another ao the user may
select if he wants it, he can still fall back to oss if it doesn't work.

> e) is it possible to specify which CPU should be supported ?
>    (i.e. to support builds for other targets)

Runtime CPU autodetection is default.

> f) is it possible (yet) to build codecs as extra modules ?
>    (configure refuses --enable-shared)

Nope.

> g) is there a support for build into a subdir ?
>    (configure currently doesnt work in a subdir)

AFAIK not.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
このメールは十割再利用されたビットで作られています。