[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: Re: Chroma interpolation

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 5 01:17:09 CET 2004

Quoting D Richard Felker III (dalias at aerifal.cx):
> I always wonder why people do this. Is an extra 400-600 MHz box really
> that hard to come by??

Is it really that easy to come by? As I recall, Attila Kinali is still in need
of a new laptop.

Speaking only for myself, for most of my life I've found new computer
equipment hard to come by. Even at work, getting simple things like RAM
upgrades takes months to clear with management.

>                        Or, better question: is windows really that
> useful???? IMO not...

I use it for Japanese input. None of the input methods I've tried under Linux
have been satisfactory.

I think Windows XP is perfectly adequate for part-time use, though obviously
not as a primary workstation.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England