[MPlayer-users] concatenate mpegs

Ville Saari 113762 at foo.bar.org
Fri Mar 5 19:20:06 CET 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:44:27PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> It would have been better to leave the subs soft in the final encode,
> rather than burning them on (bleh). Then there wouldn't have been any
> problem. But I agree, this timestamp reset thing is horrible. G2 will
> try to "repair" DVDs by correcting their timestamps from the data in
> the .ifo file or whatever.

In this particular case there was no reason to leave them soft. I wasn't
expecting Klingon speaking audience who would want to watch the movie
without subs ;-)

An easy-to-implement fix for the problem would be that mencoder would
have an option to deduce the time from the frame count. That would of
course break in mplayer the moment the user hits any cursor key, but
mencoder wouldn't have such problem.

--
 Ville