[MPlayer-users] Re: quicktime6 audio bug

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 08:57:31 CET 2004

Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml <at> fatooh.org> writes:

> Roi Dayan wrote:
> > i try to watch trailers from apple.com and mostly get:
> >
> > QuickTime6 DLLs found
> > QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x6693b330
> > theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x6693b330
> > Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x66bc4210)!
> > WARNING! Invalid Ptr handle!
> > InitializeQTML:0
> > SoundConverterOpen:65313
> > ADecoder preinit failed :(
> > ADecoder init failed :(
> > Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.
> > Audio: no sound
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roi
> >

> I don't expect anyone will be able to help you with so little
> information. Please read:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html
>
> -Corey

just a note that I too have the same issue but only with my own
build of the CVS code branch (from today).

It is with the QDM2 audio tracks and audio codec initialization
 failures.
My quicktime DLLs are version 6  as shown above.

Playing the same files with such audio streams works if I use the
 prebuilt installed 1.0pre3 version of mplayer.

I used as a test the cold mountain stream listed in an earlier
 quicktime video bug from this week.

System Debian unstable - 2.6.4 kernel and gcc 3.3 with
athlon XP 1800 processor
on Soyo dragon plus motherboard built in CMedia sound chip.

thank you