[MPlayer-users] Re: quicktime6 audio bug

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 22:14:02 CET 2004

> You probably need to get the FAAD 2 packages and install them and then
> reconfigure and recompile mplayer

I tried your suggestion
dpkg -l *faad*

||/ Name                   Version                Description
+++-======================-======================-=======================
ii  faad                   2.0-rc3-0.0            Freeware Advanced Audio
Decoder player
ii  libfaad2-0             2.0-rc3-0.0            Freeware Advanced Audio
Decoder - runtime files
ii  libfaad2-dev           2.0-rc3-0.0            Freeware Advanced Audio
Decoder - development files

did an
apt-get install faad

make distclean
./configure
make

built but still same error was present on playing the stream.
I am including some more info in a seperate post
thanks for the suggestion.