[MPlayer-users] Re: quicktime6 audio bug

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 01:28:14 CET 2004

adland <adland123 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > You probably need to get the FAAD 2 packages and install them and then
> > reconfigure and recompile mplayer
>
> I tried your suggestion

I looked into this some more and found out this is from my
./configure output

Checking for internal FAAD2 (AAC) support ... yes
Checking for external FAAD2 (AAC) support ... no
Checking for FAAD2 version ... 2.0 RC1

since internal code was found it rejects checking for external
 versions of faad

next try
./configure --disable-internal-faad

Checking for internal FAAD2 (AAC) support ... no
Checking for external FAAD2 (AAC) support ... yes
Checking for FAAD2 version ... 2.0 RC3

this new build also failed to play the sound.

output
Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
win32 libquicktime loader (c) Sascha Sommer
Standard init done you may now call supported functions
loader_init DONE???
loader_init DONE!
get_path('registry') -> '/home/unknown/.mplayer/registry'
External func COMCTL32.dll:17
External func COMCTL32.dll:16
QuickTime6 DLLs found
QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x6693b330
theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x6693b330
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section
(0x66bc4210)!
WARNING! Invalid Ptr handle!
InitializeQTML:0
SoundConverterOpen:65313
ADecoder preinit failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!